What is MATLAB?
MATLAB is one of the top 10 programming languages and is used at 5000 universities around the world for teaching, research, and project-based learning.
A Campus License Becomes a Competitive Advantage
Hundreds of universities have upgraded their MATLAB access to a Campus-Wide License. This includes 24 of the 25 top-ranked technical universities and 76 of the top 100.
"We can engage students in leading-edge research. The tools enable the research group and the student—including biology majors and engineers—to focus on research and spend less time programming."Dr. Gil Alterovitz, MIT and Harvard University
Connect Everyone for Interdisciplinary Projects
Campus-wide access to MATLAB provides a common platform for teaching, research, and student projects across all fields of engineering, physical and social sciences, and finance.
"Our students can do both modeling and analysis, and then develop an embedded controller without switching software platforms. That is invaluable."Dr. Joel Anstrom, Penn State University
Prepare Students for Career Success
By programming in MATLAB and designing embedded systems in Simulink, students gain practical experience and skills that are highly valued in industry. It's the LinkedIn skill most frequently listed by grads at MIT and other top technical schools.
"If you want to work at Google, make sure you can use MATLAB."Jonathan Rosenberg, Google
Build a Scalable Computing Infrastructure
With a MATLAB Campus-Wide License, everyone at the institution has access to the same set of software tools — even when off-network or joining remote learning courses.
"Students have the flexibility of working where and when they choose in addition to lowering the demand and cost of supporting public labs."Dean Mark Kushner and Chris McCoy, Iowa State University
Campus License at a Glance
- Includes all faculty, researchers, and students
- Access at home and in the classroom, in lab and field research, and off-network
- Installation on campus-owned machines, as well as faculty-owned and student-owned personal computers
- Full suite provides the widest and most up-to-date array of products, supporting everything from introductory level courses to advanced academic research
- MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite is cost-effective training for all users – see training discounts
- MATLAB Online provides access from a web browser
- MATLAB Parallel Server Add-on for Campus-Wide License provides campus-wide access for computational scaling in clusters and clouds. The Add-on is included in Full suite and available for Standard suite.
Partnership and Support
IT Management Resources
Centralized license management for simplified administration
Installation support from MATLAB engineers
Predictable cost model for budget planning, with proportional pricing that provides cost efficiencies per user
- Licensed products and updates
- Prerelease and beta versions
- Hardware support packages for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Lego, and more
MATLAB Mobile for iPhone, iPad, and Android
MATLAB Drive synchronizes MATLAB files between computers, MATLAB Mobile, and MATLAB Online
Free MATLAB Onramp helps users get started
Technical support for faculty and researchers
Complete documentation and example code