Join the MathWorks and UCSD as we host two technical seminars on your campus!
Session 1: Data Analysis and Visualization with MATLAB for Beginners
MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than with traditional programming languages, such as C, C++, and Fortran.
During this introductory technical seminar, we will provide an overview of MATLAB and introduce you to the powerful statistical analysis and visualization capabilities available in the MATLAB product family. We will demonstrate how to acquire, analyze and visualize data, introduce desktop tools for editing and debugging code, and show you how to publish your results.
- Accessing data from files, spreadsheets and other sources
- Performing statistical analysis, curve and surface fitting routines
- Developing algorithms and applications to automate your workflow
- Generating reports in HTML and other file formats to share your work
Session 2: What's New in MATLAB
Are you using MATLAB to its fullest potential? MATLAB has changed significantly over the last 3 years to address the growing needs of our users, but we've noticed that even experienced MATLAB users aren't taking advantage of our latest and greatest features.
This seminar will cover the newest MATLAB features and show you how to utilize these features to simplify your work, save time, and increase your productivity. Also learn what’s new with your licensing and access at UCSD!
- MATLAB Foundation Updates - Faster execution engine, Graphics system, Live Editor
- Data handling and language enhancements - Simpler data importing, Improved datatypes, Big data capabilities,
- App building - App Designer, Sharing apps and Creating toolboxes
- Latest in Parallel and GPU Computing with MATLAB
- Hardware Support, Project Based Learning,
- Other Toolbox and Product enhancements such as Live Editor, our auto-grading tools, and online training!
- Interoperability with OSS and other languages