In this session, we will demonstrate ways to improve and optimize your code that can boost execution speed by orders of magnitude. We will address common pitfalls in writing MATLAB code, explore the use of the MATLAB Profiler to find bottlenecks, and introduce the use of Parallel Computing Toolbox and MATLAB Distributed Computing Server to solve computationally and data-intensive problems on GPUs, multicore computers and clusters.
- Understanding vectorization and best coding practices in MATLAB
- Addressing bottlenecks in your program
- Incorporating compiled languages, such as C, into your MATLAB application
- Utilizing additional hardware, including multicore processors and GPUS, to improve performance
- Scaling up to a computer cluster, grid environment or cloud
- Utilizing tall and distributed arrays to work with large data set
Who Should Attend
All Faculty, Staff, and Students all welcome to attend.
We prefer you register in advance, however, we will allow walk-ins on the day of the event.
We will take a short break half way through.
Some MATLAB experience will allow you to get the most out of the session. Consider taking MATLAB Onramp - a free 2-hour interactive tutorial if you are new to MATLAB or would like a refresher.
Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the event to check in.