SerDes Toolbox Description
SerDes Toolbox™ provides a MATLAB® and Simulink® model library and a set of analysis tools and apps for the design and verification of serializer/de-serializer (SerDes) & DDR PHY models.
With the SerDes Designer app, you can use statistical analysis to rapidly design wired communications transmitters and receivers. The app provides MATLAB based parameterized models and algorithms that let you explore a wide range of equalizer configurations and generate eye diagrams to assess performance metrics.
With building blocks such as CTLE, DFE, FFE, Saturating amplifier, and CDR, you can describe your chosen architecture and simulate control and adaptation algorithms. White-box examples of typical applications such as PCIe, USB, Ethernet, and DDR provide reference designs that you can use as a basis for your own designs.
SerDes Toolbox supports automatic generation of dual IBIS-AMI models. These models can be used with third-party channel simulators for system integration and verification.
In this hands-on workshop, you will be guided through its capabilities and methodology for SerDes architectural design and IBIS AMI model generation. Some of the highlights include:
- Use the SerDes Designer App to architect (floor plan) the equalization of a TX & RX. Explore what equalization capabilities are needed while viewing analysis of performance.
- Quick review of IBIS-AMI concepts
- Export to Simulink: This creates Simulink models from the blocks and settings in the App which can then be run in time domain or modified as needed
- Compile the Simulink TX and RX into IBIS-AMI models
- Test the IBIS-AMI models in a system environment (regression)
- How to easily bring a test case from the system environment back into Simulink for debug and iterate the process.
12:30 PM pizza and registration, 1:00-4:00 PM workshop.