Satellite Scenario Modeling and SatCom Link Simulation in MATLAB
|Start Time||End Time|
|29 Nov 2023, 00:30 EST||29 Nov 2023, 01:30 EST|
In this webinar, you will learn how to model multi-asset scenarios that include satellites, aircraft, ground stations, and moving ground vehicles. Model and visualize asset trajectories and perform visual access calculations and link budget analyses. The webinar also shows how to perform end-to-end link simulations with standards-based signals like 5G NTN, DVB-S2/S2X/RCS2, and GPS. Design physical layer algorithms together with RF components and ground station receivers. Because this functionality is provided as open MATLAB code, you can modify and customize the functions and use them as reference models for implementing satellite communications systems and devices.
Topics that will be covered include the following:
- Visualize 3D satellite orbits, fields of view, and ground tracks.
- Analyze line-of-sight access and compute link closures in integrated scenarios that include satellites, ground stations, aircraft, and moving ground vehicles.
- Demodulate and decode 5G NTN signals that have been impaired by 3GPP-specified NTN channel models.
- Demodulate DVB-S2 signals that are subject to severe Doppler shifts, sample clock offset, and phase noise.
- Demodulate a composite waveform from multiple GPS satellites. Perform acquisition, tracking, and bit processing on a signal impaired with Doppler and thermal noise. Decode the bits to determine the location of a GPS receiver.
About the Presenter
Vijayendra Kumar | Product Marketing | MathWorks
Vijayendra Kumar is the product manager for Wireless solutions offered by MathWorks. He has spent 3 years at MathWorks, and before joining MathWorks he worked for 10 years in the industry developing wireless and embedded systems for the Aerospace and defense sector while being associated with multiple startups and multinationals.
You are already signed in to your MathWorks Account. Please press the "Submit" button to complete the process.