Senior Infrastructure and Tools Developer
As a Senior Tools Developer in the Infrastructure and Architecture group, you will be responsible for leading projects related to supporting continuous deployment for MathWorks applications. These projects will touch on all aspects of the development lifecycle, from building and testing through deployment to production, for an exciting range of products and technologies. You'll collaborate with Software Development and Quality Engineering teams to evolve how we deliver our current set of applications, and consult on how to deliver new applications as they come online.
- Design and implement portions of a continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Participate in team design, specification, and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for adopting new tools and techniques from the wider industry
- Identify and document the detailed requirements for delivering web applications
- Apply appropriate analysis and modeling techniques to understand the context and scope of the business processes/functions and the supporting information systems
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience in with continuous integration and/or deployment for web applications (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc)
- Experience testing Web Services and Software/Platform as a Service (SaaS/PaaS) products
- Experience with automated deployment tools
- Experience developing and extending development tools
- Experience collaborating with development groups to establish processes
- Demonstrated commitment to quality with a passion for testing
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker
- Experience in deployment and testing of n-tier applications
- Experience with Maven
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here