User Experience Specialist
- Are you passionate about the user experience?
- Would you like to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team that creates products that make the world a better place?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you. Learn more about our department.
Our user experience team has over 70 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
As a MathWorks UX Specialist, you will be responsible for leading user-centered design activities related to MathWorks products and/or Web applications. You will work with the development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively to brainstorm and design innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Make recommendations about which usability methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Collaborate on low, medium and high fidelity prototypes.
- Conduct user research, identify pain points, and develop user profiles.
- Run usability tests and perform other usability assessments you think are appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- STEM Degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science) is preferred
- 3+ years as a usability engineer, information architect, user experience designer, user researcher, or other equivalent title in software design and development
- At least one of the following:
- knowledge of MathWorks products (MATLAB/Simulink)
- knowledge of domains where MathWorks products are used
- expert interaction design skills
- Direct experience with a variety of usability methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here