Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician will perform all aspects of support related to the daily computing needs of MathWorks staff. He/she will provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination at the user's workstation.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Accurately record such requests into the help system.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripherals, network equipment.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications.
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
- Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for various areas of operations within the group; initiate their implementation.
- Record, track and maintain equipment inventory.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- 2-3 years experience with Information Technology, including 2 years support experience with networked PC equipment.
- Working knowledge of desktop Operating Systems and desktop software including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of networking topology and protocols.
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- UNIX / Linux / Mac Knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Sharepoint a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.