Deep Technical Engagement Engineer on ADAS and AD
The growth of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex ADAS/Autonomous Driving (AD) production deployments of Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Analytics and Machine Learning as well as MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder and HDL Coder. This position requires a combination of skills involving application engineering, software development and industry domain expertise. The candidate will support major corporate customers in the application of MathWorks products for ADAS/AD. The support will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and providing customized solutions for advanced applications. Projects will vary from short duration coaching to extended advanced deployments.
This position will be part of a large international software project engineering team with operations in Asia, United States and Europe.
- Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Analytics and Machine Learning in complex ADAS/AD production deployments.
- Serve as a primary advisor to select customers using MathWorks tools.
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based Design, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Analytics and Machine Learning deployments.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to use existing features most effectively.
- Understand customer workflows and industry domain standards on ADAS/AD to provide technical advice on how to realize them with MathWorks tools.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentation and planning discussions is required (up to 25%). Occasional international travel will also be required.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years experience in the design and development of ADAS/AD systems
- Experience with using Simulink and Stateflow for controls or software development
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with C and MATLAB language
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-tasks
- Fluent Japanese and basic written and verbal communication English skill (TOEIC score 600+)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here