Application Engineering - Control Design
Senior Application Engineer - Control Design is to best support our sales organization when selling to customers in various industries including, but not limited to, automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, biotechnology, and investment banking. This person has working knowledge of our Model-Based Design methodology and related Control System products and of how our customers apply them. Over time, this person will also develop an intimate knowledge of our sales process. The Manager develops the technical and business skills of his or her reports so they are skilled at assisting and consulting with customers whose business involves the development of complex embedded software to be used across a range of areas throughout the industry.
As a Senior Application Engineer it is an important to link sales, development, and marketing. For this reason, they must be an excellent communicator.
MathWorks software products allow engineers to manage the research, design, and testing of systems at a high level, allowing the rapid development of innovative products. Details on how MathWorks meets the needs of those requiring effective tools to build reliable embedded applications.
1. Provide day-to-day performance management and guidance of direct reports, leading to the delivery of comprehensive annual performance reviews. The review process requires the manager to write a review, make compensation recommendations, and develop the next year’s objectives.
2. Develop the critical skills of direct reports (presentation skills, product/application knowledge, industry knowledge, etc.) to make certain they best represent The MathWorks to our customers and partners.
3. Ensure that group members clearly define and document their yearly objectives and long-term career goals keeping them technically challenged and connected with the overall goals of the Application Engineering Group. The Manager makes certain that the objectives of the team members are in alignment with our sales and marketing plans.
4. Ensure the team is capable of providing appropriate coverage for all relevant products and applications. Effectively resolve and mitigate time and resource conflicts so they do not impact our ability to meet the needs of the sales and marketing organizations.
5. Ensure that knowledge gained about our customers (their needs, tool usage, etc.) flows to our Marketing and Development organizations. Contribute to the company planning process such that the needs of our customers and of the sales organization are met. In this role, the Manager will provide information and guidance that may directly impact the direction and capabilities of our products.
6. Travel with direct reports throughout Japan to various seminars, customer visits, etc. to gain first-hand insight into their performance.
7. Manage large hardware demonstration projects that are developed within the group for Marketing and Sales presentations. Each year assist in the development of budgets, some of which will support hardware demonstration’s project purchases.
8. Actively participate in Application Engineering Group managers’ meetings, thus providing this position both the responsibility and satisfaction of assisting in the setting of group strategy, objectives, and direction.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Japan.
This person should possess an Engineering, Sciences, or Advanced Mathematics degree and be capable of demonstrating that they have succeeded as a proactive and capable manager of technical teams.
Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow or similar products is essential. Experience in the modeling & simulation of complex systems is required. Experience in a MathWorks target industry is desired.
The position requires competency in the delivery of PowerPoint presentations along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should be proficient and find great satisfaction in coaching their reports aimed at facilitating their effectiveness in communicating the capabilities of our broad set of products, in both seminar and business meeting settings.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here