Pixel Perfect Visual Designer
Would you like to join a world class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging visual design problems? Are you a Visual Designer who is dedicated to creating clear and effective design? Do you want to work with commercial software products that make the world a better place? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to speak with you. The Visual Designer will help conceive, design, and implement graphics and visual treatments for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The Visual Designer will partner with user experience specialists, developers, and writers to establish a forward-looking visual framework for MathWorks products.
You should have a clearly linked portfolio in your application.
Work with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Marketing, Graphic Design, and UX) to understand MathWorks product and branding directions and develop appropriate design solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Visual Design team on challenging design projects with creative solutions.
- Follow and contribute to the development of design standards and guidelines.
- Create and oversee creation of icons and graphics.
- Continuously explore visual design directions on desktop, web and mobile.
- Develop design specifications.
- Communicate effectively with other designers and technical experts.
- Partner closely with Developers.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- 3+ years relevant experience in software and/or web design
- BS/MS in graphic or visual design
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with highly technical development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Strong attention to detail and pixel-perfect design.
- A pro-active attitude
- Demonstrated fluency with Illustrator, Photoshop, and relevant design tools
- Experience with CSS, HTML5, and interactive graphics a plus
- Experience with technical computing software a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here