The primary responsibility of the Application Engineering Manager for Signal Processing and Communication is to lead a team to best support our sales organization. This person has reasonable technical knowledge of our products and of our customers' applications. The Application Engineering Manager develops the technical and business skills for their reports directed primarily at customers whose primary business involves the development of software/products to be used in all commercial industries and EDU. This person must be an excellent communicator and collaborator since they are an important link to sales, development, and marketing.
1. Provide day-to-day performance management and guidance of direct reports, leading to the delivery of comprehensive annual performance reviews. The review process requires the manager to write a review, make compensation recommendations, and develop the next year's objectives.
2. Develop the critical skills of direct reports (presentation skills, product/application knowledge, industry knowledge, etc.) making certain they best represent The MathWorks to our customers and partners.
3. Ensure that group members clearly define and document their yearly objectives and long-term career goals keeping them technically challenged and connected with the overall goals of the SPC Application Engineering Group.
4. Ensure the team is capable of providing appropriate coverage for all relevant products and applications. Effectively resolve and mitigate time and resource conflicts so they do not impact our ability to meet the needs of the sales and marketing organizations.
5. Travel with direct reports throughout the sales territory to various seminars, customer visits, etc. to gain first-hand insight into their performance.
6. Actively participate to Japan Manager Meetings and other WW Meetings, thus providing this position both the responsibility and satisfaction of assisting in the setting of group strategy, objectives, and direction.
This person should possess an Engineering degree and be capable of demonstrating that they have succeeded as a proactive and capable team leader of technical teams.
The position requires competency in the delivery of presentations along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates should be proficient and find great satisfaction in coaching their reports aimed at facilitating their effectiveness in communicating the capabilities of our broad set of products, in both seminar and business meeting settings.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.