Application Engineer - Data Analytics
Are you looking to face, and solve engineering challenges in latest application areas such as robotics, automated driving cars, and various machine learning, and deep learning technologies? MathWorks has an exciting engineering position for you.
As an Application Engineer for the Data Analytics / Data Science application areas, you will partner with our most innovative customers to establish MATLAB as a platform for cutting-edge data analytics technologies by
- Working with data analytics and artificial intelligence algorithms in a wide range of applications and industries
- Integrating algorithms with structured and unstructured databases (eg. Hadoop and Spark)
- Deploying applications developed in MATLAB to an enterprise-wide system
You will have exciting opportunities to work with our customers to firstly identify and understand their technical and business challenges and then develop compelling demonstrations of solutions that help them appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products add value towards enhancing their workflows.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- Own the MathWorks Machine Learning / Deep Learning field strategy.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events.
- Manage product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks tools.
- Partner with sales representatives to help develop account and territory level selling strategies.
- Identify new trends and application areas and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks development based on customer interaction.
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Japan.
- Masters degree in Math, Science, or Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Japanese language is required
- Business level English is desired
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
- Strong knowledge of computational analysis (e.g. Machine Learning, data mining), modeling, statistics, and algorithm development tasks
- Strong knowledge of analytics software (programming with MATLAB, Python, or R ...)
- Experience with deep learning and related frameworks is a plus
- Experience with largescale data processing using parallel / distributed frameworks, such as Hadoop/Spark, Redis, MongoDB etc. is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing, related system deployment is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here