4G/5G Wireless Communications Engineer in Test
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with a background in wireless communications standards to develop automated test suites and conduct hands-on testing for advanced wireless communications features. Leveraging your communications knowledge and software development skills you will verify features that model the PHY and MAC layers of wireless communication standards, simulate channel models and system level simulation.
Working as part of a cross-functional team you will participate in all stages of software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, motivated by knowledge that the features they help to develop will be used by thousands of customers around the world.
- Contribute to the testing of our world-class software tools for the simulation of wireless communication standards
- Participate in the development process from start to finish, influencing specifications and discussing software design and testability with developers to ensure high quality of our software.
- Understand customer workflows and industry practices to develop the best tools for the job
- Working closely with other Quality Engineers, Software Developers, Documentation Writers, Marketing and other customer facing engineers.
- Detecting, investigating and reporting bugs, verifying bug fixes and driving issues through to completion.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Knowledge of wireless communication standards such as: 5G, LTE, WLAN, UMTS
- Experience with wireless standards at the PHY and MAC layers
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or C/C++
Nice to have:
- Experience testing wireless standards at the PHY and MAC layers
- Experience with System Level Modeling and wireless network simulation tool such as NS3
- Experience and knowledge of Simulink
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here