Math Toolboxes Product Manager
Are you an experienced product manager looking for a leadership role in text analytics, mathematical modeling, and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) product areas?
You will draw on your product management expertise, application knowledge and collaboration skills to expand the use of MATLAB math toolboxes in industry and academia. You will collaborate with product development teams and stakeholders on product direction, planning, launch, and sales enablement.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and collaboration skills with experience working with cross-functional teams, and global sales and marketing teams.
- Text Analytics: Lead product management and marketing efforts for the Text Analytics Toolbox. This includes applications and workflows to access, pre-process, visualize, and develop machine learning models with textual data.
- Symbolic Math: Lead product management and marketing efforts for the Symbolic Math Toolbox. This includes applications and workflows in engineering design and documentation and in teaching calculus and physics.
- Finite Element Analysis: Lead product management and marketing efforts for the FEA area, including the Partial Differential Equation Toolbox and its use with other MathWorks products for modeling and simulation.
- Product Management: Work with development teams and other stakeholders to develop and deliver on product plans. This includes market problem and requirements synthesis, competitive assessment, win/loss analysis, product roadmaps, and growth opportunity incubation.
- Positioning: Lead the developing of buyer personas, positioning, and differentiated messages.
- Content Development: Lead the planning and creation of content, ensuring consistent and reinforcing messages to drive awareness and adoption across multiple inbound marketing channels and global locations. This includes web pages, offers, videos, technical papers, conference talks, and event content.
- Sales Support: Support customer-facing teams with the knowledge and tools necessary to successfully prospect, qualify, sell, and drive adoption. These include customer presentations, demos, differentiators, and selling tactics. Visit leading customers to prove the selling model and get direct voice-of-customer feedback.
- Thought Leadership: Project thought leadership by presenting at conferences, seminars, and other customer events.
- Impact: Measure business impact and develop plans to enhance penetration and growth in both commercial industries and academia.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with product management
- MS in mathematics, engineering, or a related scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead product strategy, planning, and execution in enterprise software markets.
- Successful experience in all phases of product management including market assessment, strategy, partnerships, positioning, launch, and sales enablement. Training and experience in the Pragmatic Marketing Framework is a plus.
- Product management in mathematics, FEA, or related technical computing areas.
- Experience in finite element analysis workflows, including geometry creation, meshing, problem formulation, solving, visualization, and analysis.
- Knowledge of symbolic computing as a complement to numerical computing for teaching, research, and commercial applications.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or relevant alternatives.
- Aptitude in working with software development, marketing, application engineering, and sales teams in a highly collaborative, consensus-based team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Candidate should expect to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Experience managing a team of product managers is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here