Senior Consultant Expert Model-Based Design
The MathWorks is seeking a Senior Technical Consultant with Simulink expertise and significant experience in application software development with model-based design.
This position requires a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' development processes and engineering challenges
- Designing, explaining and implementing solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Passion for new software tools and technologies
Our goal is to deliver paid services to our customers to ensure their success in the areas of control design, code generation, and verification and validation of embedded software. The successful candidate will support major customers in France and across Europe in the usage of the Simulink family of products.
- Work with account managers to develop consulting opportunities in the control design and embedded systems markets, in a variety of industries with a particular focus on the aerospace and automotive industries.
- Deliver high quality advisory and implementation services to our customers. You will work autonomously or as part of a wider team of consultants, pre-sales engineers and product developers.
- Provide feedback to The MathWorks' software development team to influence the next generation of software products.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Advanced engineering degree
- Strong experience and very good knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink products
- Programming in C, C++
- Experience in one or more of the following: embedded software development in a real-time environment. certified workflows, verification methods…
- Production code generation using embedded coder
- Model and code verification and validation
- Knowledge of software safety standards is a plus (DO-178C, ISO 26262, EN50128, IEC61508)
- Project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Most travel will be within France (25%). Occasional travel to MathWorks, USA headquarters and other international locations should be expected.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here