Senior Sales Ops Analyst- Productivity and Capacity Model
This position will develop and evolve analytic models to enable strategic decision making. In this role, you will develop key planning infrastructure to allow the business to improve and optimize our selling model. Your work will guide managerial decision making, contribute to departmental metrics, assist in cross-functional project management and execution, and identify strategic opportunities to accelerate progress. In addition, this role will contribute to the creation, evolution and maintenance of departmental metrics and Key Performance Indicators that drive sales and operational excellence.
Further, you will be looked to as an expert in delivering business intelligence insights from data analytics.
- Create, develop and own capacity and productivity models for all Sales and Services functions.
- Build out scalable data models to analyze key parts of the business, particularly related selling model efficiency.
- Assess the sales organization’s productivity around key measures and identify opportunities to drive improvements and accelerate growth.
- Help define and drive the disciplined collection of data required for analysis and interpretation of productivity and capacity measures.
- Establish a framework of role-based metrics design to further the ability to measure, understand, compare and predict changes in productivity or required changes in capacity levels across the Sales organization (including Field and Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Support and customer facing engineering teams). Considerations for analysis would include seniority, geographic placement, overall capacity, regional support and considerations of scalability.
- Enable senior management decision making for capacity-based staffing levels, role evolution and efficiency levels using the models developed.
- Apply productivity and capacity related measures to departmental metrics, KPIs, scorecards and business analysis.
- Partner with Sales Operations, Sales Operations Business Partners, Finance and other groups to as needed to integrate capacity and productivity measures into the planning cycle and during key business reviews.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving ability
- Experience creating data-driven planning models to help managers understand, evaluate and executive forward looking business plans
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, exposure to database concepts and SQL helpful
- Strong communication skills, especially around technical issues
- Exceptional ability to build cross-functional business partnerships, especially with Finance
- Flexible in adapting to the needs of the team and organization
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here