Technical Sales - Engineering Development Group
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a key leadership development program in MathWorks, enabling successful candidates from a variety of technical backgrounds multiple opportunities to develop and demonstrate their skills for a rewarding career.
Specifically, team members in the EDG for Technical Sales program will develop additional skills (leadership and technical), work on projects with the MathWorks Sales team, and contribute to collaborative work. EDG team members receive mentoring and coaching that enables them to transition into a successful role within the MathWorks Sales organization, where they will work directly with customers and their account teams to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas.
As a member of the EDG for Technical Sales program, you will engage with customers across industries to gain customer perspective and a deeper understanding of MathWorks’ suite of products. More specifically, you will:
- Sharpen your technical skills to better understand our platforms and how to leverage them when collaborating with customers.
- Collaborate with Sales and technical colleagues to identify and solve our customers’ technical and business challenges.
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline.
- Demonstrate technical and leadership skills. Develop leadership skills through opportunities to show initiative, lead process improvements, as well as coach and mentor others.
- While in EDG, you will connect with customers on complex technical issues in MATLAB, Simulink, and other MathWorks products.
- Benefit from extensive learning opportunities through training, mentorship, and knowledge sharing forums.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
- Strong academic record
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Customer-focused, highly responsive, and collaborative
- Strong interest in selling/Sales
- Programming skills in MATLAB
- Prior sales experience is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.