Application Engineer - Signal / Image Processing
Looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic signal or image processing engineer to join our industry leading Sales team. If everyone in your group turns to you when they have a question about MATLAB or Simulink, this is the job for you! Join a dynamic team that combines a passion for engineering design with the challenge of working face-to-face with customers.
As an Application Engineer, you will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Development to help customers across a range of industries see how MathWorks products and services can address their needs. You will work with customers to uncover their technical and business challenges, and demonstrate how MATLAB and MathWorks solutions can address their needs. You will demonstrate your technical expertise during sales meetings, conference calls, and public seminars.
Come play a vital role in the success of the MathWorks!
This non-commissioned position is based in Santa Clara, California. Travel mostly in western US and Canda. Travel may be up to 30-40% of time.
- Provide technical pre-sales support. Assist the salesperson in understanding and synthesizing customer requirements. Build technical sales strategies.
- Work with prospective customers to understand their workflow and uncover their challenges.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application-specific examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events.
- Conduct extended evaluations to promote large-scale adoption of MathWorks tools. This may include multiple engagements with customers, both pre and post sales, to ensure their success.
- Work closely with MathWorks Development and Marketing organizations to further improve products, identify new application areas, and develop compelling messaging.
- Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels. Build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop strategies for driving the adoption of MathWorks tools.
- Experience with MATLAB
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for!) MATLAB is essential; experience with a broad set of MathWorks products is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings
- Excellent presentation skills (or a strong motivation to learn them)
- Highly motivated to work directly with customers to help them understand how MATLAB products are used to solve their engineering and business problems
- Continuous learner
- One or more of the following interests: Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Audio Processing, Computer Vision, or RF.
- Other programming languages, e.g. Python, R, Java, C/C++ or .NET
- Distributed/parallel computing and/or GPUs for numerical computation
- Experience with FPGAs, ASICs, or SoCs
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here