Machine Learning software engineer intern
Looking for 2021 Machine Learning software engineer intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our experienced software engineers to investigate and implement machine learning algorithms. The intern will contribute to summarizing research papers on one of these subjects, coding numeric algorithms and managing empirical studies of these algorithms. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about machine learning.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Statistics and Machine Learning team on:
- Incremental (online) learning including classification, regression and clustering.
- Anomaly detection in multivariate data.
- Interpretable machine learning (for example, Shapley values).
- Non-parametric modeling of time-series data.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with machine learning
- Pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science with a strong academic record
- Experience in programming and object-oriented design
- Background in machine learning and statistics
- Experience coding machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with optimization techniques
- Ability to read research papers and summarize their content
- Strong communication skills
- 3 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.