Consulting Manager - West Coast Operations
- Job: 26772-TREM
- Location: US-CA-Torrance
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
MathWorks creates software that enables engineers to do their best work in data analysis and AI, modeling and simulation, and embedded systems development – major industries served include aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, communications, semiconductors, energy, and medical.
We are seeking an experienced leader to join our Consulting Services Group.
As a member of our worldwide management team, you will lead a group of product application experts, contribute to strategic initiatives, and help drive our customers’ success. This is a great opportunity for an engineering professional with strong leadership skills, broad technical interests, and a passion for helping organizations increase their productivity.
The location for this position is Torrance, California.
- Lead a team of MATLAB, Simulink, and Model-Based Design experts
- Collaborate with selling teams on prospecting and business development
- Dialogue with customers to understand their goals and challenges
- Help develop solution strategies for complex technical problems
- Provide qualification, proposal, and contracting support
- Provide project management and delivery coaching to staff
- Monitor, analyze, and report group performance and impact
- Build services awareness inside and outside the company
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- MS in engineering
- Functional management experience
- Product development and/or project management experience
- Business development, marketing, and/or exposure to sales
- Software services experience (as supplier or customer)
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Simulink, and other engineering software
- Ability to travel occasionally
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.