Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
We are looking for individuals that will help lead our cloud-native transformation from a successful DevOps team to a Site Reliability Engineering team. As a SRE, you will be responsible for leading the change to bring software engineering mindset into our current implementation, and will help maintain and elevate the reliability, availability and performance of our SaaS and corporate web applications.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Understand the difference between systems and software engineering, and are either proficient in both or have the capability to grow into them.
- Understand what it takes, in terms of both technology and process, to improve an application SLA.
- Are able to work closely with application development teams bringing Reliability as a core feature into their design.
- Detest manual, repeatable work and have the drive and skills to eliminate that via automation and infrastructure as code.
- Design, implement and document highly reliable and secure systems leveraging industry wide best practices and architectures.
- Collaborate with application developers and other system engineers to keep improve reliability and observability all while relentlessly reducing toil
- Improve our automation framework to make it more scalable, reliable and testable
- Participate in rotating on-call support to ensure high availability of our production systems
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong experience designing and deploying applications in public clouds such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef
- Strong experience with scripting and automation tools such as Python and Ansible
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Ruby or Go is a big plus
- Experience with containers and container management platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong LINUX and application framework (SpringBoot, Rails, gin) knowledge
- Experience with application load balancers such as F5, AWS ALB, Nginx
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, XebiaLabs Release
- Experience with Observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Splunk etc.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.