Manager, Enterprise Observability
As a Manager of Enterprise Observability, you will lead a team of Observability Engineers focused on transforming the way MathWorks observes, alerts on, and derives insights from the health of our enterprise systems. Your team will be responsible for designing, building out, and running the enterprise observability toolchain. You will champion the enterprise observability vision and deliver on the roadmap. You will partner with Application and Infrastructure teams to help them ingest, process, and visualize system logs, metrics, and traces. You will be accountable for the reliability of the toolchain and ensuring that your services remain highly available and performant.
- Enterprise Observability Vision, Strategy, and Roadmap champion and execution
- Staff management (Career development, performance reviews, 1-1’s, and other staff management activities)
- Stakeholder management (Addressing stakeholder needs, expectations setting, relationship building, etc.)
- 3rd Party Vendor and Open-Source-Software management (Partnering with purchasing, security, and legal on software procurement, renewals, and license reviews)
- On-call Incident Manager for the Enterprise Observability Toolchain (Stakeholder communication and incident responder coordination in the event of an outage or degradation to the enterprise observability toolchain)
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
Combinations of the following are considered nice-to-haves:
- Solid domain knowledge (CNCF, DevOps, AIOps, Logging, Metrics, Traces, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of industry tools (including both commercial and OSS tools such as Splunk, Grafana, Loki, Prometheus, InfluxDB, etc.).
- Extensive experience working in IT and software engineering roles
- Proven experience as a product owner and driving the product roadmap.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Great verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.