Senior Application Engineer - MATLAB Online Server
Join our team to support installing, customizing, and deploying MATLAB Online Server to enterprise accounts. In this customer-facing role, you will work closely with Development, Product Marketing, Application Engineering, and Sales to make use of your IT Enterprise Solutions experience to lead successful engagements.
Role has the ability to help drive overall MATLAB usage as well as highly impact product direction
Travel not to exceed 10%.
- Establish credibility with our customers by using your industry DevOps experience to collaborate with customer IT
- Lead technical engagements by deploying and troubleshooting MATLAB Online Server to enterprise customers
- Feedback to Development field requests
- Build out custom solutions with extended MathWorks server tools (e.g., MATLAB Web App Server, MATLAB Parallel Server)
- Collaborate with Sales and other customer-facing staff to drive continued adoption of MathWorks products
- Act as a product champion and echo the voice of the customer to our Marketing and Development organizations
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with Kubernetes
- IT development and troubleshooting experience required
- Customer-facing experience required
- Working knowledge in Cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Working knowledge in Containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Working knowledge in CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Working knowledge of networks and security
- Basic programming knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, bash, Go, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of installation and licensing (e.g., FlexNet Manager)
- MATLAB experience is nice to have
- Git experience is nice to have
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.