Software Engineer Geospatial Visualization and Mapping
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Join our small, talented Mapping Team responsible for developing software tools for accessing, visualizing, and analyzing geospatial data. Help develop the next generation of these tools to include cutting-edge 2-D and 3-D map visualization and enable exciting new workflows for processing, customizing, and analyzing geospatial data from multiple sources.
- Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and design, to coding
- Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality, performant code that is robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend
- Design, develop, and document APIs to enable representation, processing, analysis, and visualization of raster and vector geospatial data
- Interface and collaborate with other software teams developing geographic-based tools and features
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience in a quantitative Earth-based discipline such as geophysics, geodesy, or geomatics, including work with GPS data
- Knowledge of 3-D math and geometry
- Experience with MATLAB
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.