Senior Information Security Analyst
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work-from-home model featuring both home-office flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration.
Interested in contributing to and improving the overall security of a company who is accelerating the pace of engineering and science? Come join MathWorks, where you will be responsible for security engineering and administration, and tier II incident response escalations.
Security Engineering/Administration –
- Assist in automating Information Security tasks to make them consistent, efficient, and repeatable using technologies such as Python, Ansible, ActiveBatch, and similar.
- Develop scripts to interact with various API endpoints.
- Develop advanced hunting queries and alerts within SIEM and EDR solutions.
- Implement security checks within developer CI/CD pipelines to improve security at build time.
- Manage Windows Defender antivirus including configuring tasks, policies, and exemptions.
- Manage Windows Defender for Endpoint (ATP) services.
- Test, implement, and manage new security services as necessary.
Security Operations (SecOps) –
- Tier II response to security alerts from Fortinet, Juniper, Microsoft 365 Security Center, Splunk, etc.
- Analyze security alert processes and recommend areas for process improvement.
- Review security operations reports. Determine appropriate actions and carry out associated tasks.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Python, PowerShell, and Bash scripting experience
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, ActiveBatch, or similar
- Experience with creating, modifying, and updating a SIEM solution
- Functional knowledge of networking, Windows and / or Linux operating systems, and access controls
- Functional knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM, MEM/Intune
- Experience integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline a plus
- Experience with Splunk a plus
- Experience with PowerBI a plus
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other IaaS platforms a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.