Technical Support Specialist
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work-from-home model featuring both home-office flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration.
As a Technical Support specialist, you will have the opportunity to perform all aspects of Technical Support related to the normal day-to-day requests of MathWorks’ customers regarding Installation and Licensing. This includes configurations on cloud platforms (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure), continuous integration servers, docker, and compute clusters. In this position you will be supporting our customers via phone, email, and other methods. Training and hands on learning is provided.
Aside from day-to-day responsibilities of troubleshooting and resolving customers' installation and licensing issues, you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset by participating in projects and working with different areas of the organization. This will help you to prepare for the next step in your career at MathWorks.
Hours for this position are 11am - 8pm.
- The majority of time will be spent troubleshooting both internal and external customer requests via the phone, email and web.
- Troubleshooting work will be span all three major platforms Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- Be a voice for our customers within MathWorks by providing insight into the customer experience.
Project related activities
- Projects will be assigned based on career objectives, interests, and departmental needs.
- Will be responsible for: identifying and implementing ideas for process and policy improvements; writing and reviewing solutions; and participating on cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with team members.
- Decision making, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving on team related issues.
- Provide input/feedback that defines solutions for technical issues encountered by the rest of the team.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Degree focused in Computer Science, Information Technology, or STEM is preferred
- 6-12 months of IT experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, Mac, Networking, and knowledge of License Management
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements
- A passion for technology
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.