Senior Aerospace Engineer
MathWorks is seeking an experienced engineer with Simulink proficiency and a passion for model-based design (MBD) to join our Consulting Services team. In this role you will help our customers become self-sufficient in the use of Simulink and associated tools to manage their requirements, enhance their development processes, and apply MBD best practices. This role will be focused primarily on the aerospace and defense industries but will also afford opportunities for working in the automotive, automation, and medical device sectors, among others. Projects comprise advisory services, process assessments, software certification support, third-party tools integration, and custom solutions development.
This position is available in the following MathWorks’ office: Torrance, CA.
- Lead consulting engagements and deliver technical services to customers (~50% of time)
- Articulate the value of design automation and MBD to prospective customers
- Conduct discovery and qualification discussions with customers
- Collaborate with our Development team to address customer needs
- Publicize capabilities and experience via publications and event participation
- Work both independently and in teams to ensure customer enablement and success
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- MS in engineering
- Proficiency in Simulink
- Experience with software development processes
- Experience with DO-178 and/or DO-254
- Customer-facing experience
- Project management experience
- Availability to travel as projects require (5-10%)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.