Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you a systems engineer that knows how to operate a web plaform, but also is able to work with web development teams to help build, test, deploy and manage their applications? How about a web developer that has had to run your own applications and knows what it takes to build a highly performant and reliable application? We’re looking for engineers with a foot in both worlds to help us build and run the next generation web platforms at MathWorks.
To be successful, you should have moderate to expert knowledge in most of the following areas:
- DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering methodologies
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies, e.g. Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare, OpenStack
- Administration of Java, Ruby on Rails, node.js and other web technologies
- Linux/UNIX Administration and Automation
- Developing cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
- Most importantly, you should be a creative thinker and leader and be willing to work closely with developers and operations to enable both groups to create and deploy high quality applications faster.
- Create infrastructure and architecture designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with the operations team. Continually improving existing designs and finding gaps.
- Scripting (BASH, python) and building required automation (Puppet/Chef/Ansible) and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to developers and operations teams
- Learning on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Rotating on-call support of production infrastructure and applications and business hours support for development systems.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Deep knowledge of public clouds such as AWS (prefered), GCP or Azure,
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef
- Strong experience with scripting and automation tools such as Python and Ansible
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Ruby or Go is a big plus
- Experience with containers and container management platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong LINUX and application framework (SpringBoot, Rails) knowledge
- Experience with application load balancers such as F5, AWS ALB, Nginx
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, XebiaLabs Release
- Experience with infrastructure and application performance monitoring and analysis tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and Dynatrace
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.