ITSM Tools Engineer / Process Developer
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Does driving the vision for integrated, automated solutions for service management in a fast-paced organization excite you? More importantly, do you believe in innovation and challenging status quo by leading with example? If so, then read on…
We are looking for an experienced ITSM service engineer with both technical and process skills to work closely with our DevOps and product development teams to define the overall vision, development and delivery pipeline for the tools used for release, incident, and problem management. As a part of this role, you will be serving as a liaison between the customer requirements, the business processes, and the available technology to lead the definition, execution, and operationalization of our ITSM toolchain. You will partner heavily with the various stakeholders to layout the roadmap for the delivery of new business capabilities. Experience with at least one enterprise language and Linux/UNIX operating system is required. Ideally, you will have:
- Solid knowledge of the industry best practices in IT processes such as ITIL, ITSM, ITOM and DevOps.
- Experience leading one or more ITSM practice areas such as Release / Problem / Change Management is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of release orchestration and deployment tools (XL Release, Digital.ai Release, UrbanCode Deploy etc.).
- Ability to gather requirements by negotiating competing interests across teams and turning them into functional design and technical specifications to feed the development pipeline.
- Experience with building dashboards using visualization and analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Splunk, Grafana) is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD systems (ArgoCD, Jenkins, TeamCity) and software release processes is a plus.
- Experience with APM solutions such as LeanIX is a plus.
Driving the overall vision, deployment, and delivery pipeline for out ITSM toolchain:
- Drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the integrated service management toolchain.
- Lead requirement gathering, solution prototyping and conceptualization to formulate a clearly documented functional design and technical specification for the development team.
Ensuring the success and quality of our ITSM processes by working closely with cross-functional teams to:
- Identify and report on critical success factors and KPIs to ensure our tools are optimized and meet their operational quality goals.
- Drive continuous improvement by building feedback loops between the various stakeholders, including DevOps and product development teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in IT Service Management (ITSM) or ITIL processes
- Experience developing in web development languages and frameworks like Python, Java, GoLang
- Experience with software deployment processes and release orchestration and deployment tooling
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Proven design experience as well as experience collaborating with others on requirements and design
- Extra credits if you have experience working with reporting and visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau Splunk etc
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.