Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Enterprise Platform
As an Enterprise Platform Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and performance of our staff facing Enterprise Platform used to build, test, deploy, observe, and operate Enterprise Applications, Databases, Web Services, Batch Jobs, and MATLAB Server Products. Ideal candidate will have solid experience designing application infrastructure and automation operations.
- Partner with Business Applications teams to design and build highly scalable and reliable web infrastructure
- Partner with Business Applications teams to orchestrate and automate web application deployments
- Build automation and process to enable self-serve production deployments
- Code, configure, integrate, manage, and enhance various automation tools.
- Partner with the observability engineers to build out platform observability
Platform Runtime Management
- Participate in rotating on on-call support to ensure high availability of our mission critical web applications.
- Participate in application and infrastructure release and deployment activities.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Combinations of the following are considered nice-to-haves:
- Knowledge of domain and industry tools (CNCF, DevOps, CI/CD, Secrets Management, Container Registries).
- Experience deploying highly available applications in on-premises environments and public clouds
- Experience with programming languages (Java, Python, Go)
- Experience with Java Application Server administration and tuning (Glassfish, Jetty)
- Linux experience (Ubuntu, RHEL) with a focus on Web (Apache/Nginx)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (e.g., CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience working with build, test, and deployment tools (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins)
- Experience working with Source Control Management Systems (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience working with container and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.