Senior Program Manager - DevOps and Cloud Solutions
- Job: 29093-BWAL
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Program Management
As a Senior Program Manager for DevOps and Cloud Solutions, you will enable cross-functional teams to drive programs and develop high-quality software. In this role, you will work on strategic initiatives to deliver the infrastructure, platforms, and tools to accelerate our pace of delivering customer value. You will partner with the Engineering Managers and cross-functional leadership to plan, prioritize, and execute these initiatives.
- Facilitate planning process to create roadmaps and release plans aligning with strategic objectives and priorities.
- Work with your cross-functional team to identify dependencies. Facilitate communications with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement of responsibilities and plans.
- Identify issues and risks; ensure mitigation plans are defined and track them to resolution or escalate as needed.
- Champion our continuous improvement core value. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem effectively.
- Design, pilot, and roll out new processes, best practices, standards, and KPIs as needed to improve team efficiency and effectiveness while avoiding unnecessary duplication of/variation from standard processes
- Evaluate team agile development practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and execute a visible plan for their achievement
- Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback.
- Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality or delivery rate - raise awareness; define, communicate, and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Experience in program management of strategic initiatives related to CI/CD and cloud deployment
- Ability to understand technology; able to participate and contribute to technical conversations
- Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.