Manager - Training Services
- Job: 29644-ACOO
- Location: US-MI-Novi
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
The role of the Training Manager is to grow the training business in the US, manage the Training Engineers, align local business needs with worldwide training organization priorities, and support training delivery.
The position is located in our Novi, MI office and will manage a team of Training Engineers in the Novi, MI office.
The Training Manager responsibilities will include training opportunity management, resource management, local training operations management and training delivery. Specific responsibilities include identifying training opportunities by closely working with sales and management team, prioritizing and servicing these training opportunities, ensuring high quality of service and achieving training revenue goals. Training Engineer management is an important aspect of the job and will entail time, utilization and competency management. Responsibilities will also include hiring and maintaining appropriate training engineer staffing to support the growing business, aligning business priorities with training engineer personal goals and supporting the Training Engineers and the operational teams by resolving operational hurdles.
- Lead a team of training engineers.
- Set individual goals, develop plans, and oversee their execution.
- Coach team on technical and business skills. Provide opportunities for growth.
- Work closely with Sales & Services teams.
- Other routine management responsibilities (hiring, annual reviews, merit, etc.)
Individual Contributor Responsibilities:
- Deliver customer trainings.
- Execute customer engagements (e.g., deliver positioning training presentations, participate in meetings).
- Build trusted relationships with sale teams and customers.
- Identify strategic customers and work with account teams to formulate plans to engage with the customer.
- Effectively use the selling training tools with customers.
- A bachelor's degree and 10 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS, or PhD in engineering, computer science, mathematics, sciences or related field
- Customer facing experience preferred
- Experience in MATLAB and Simulink is a plus
- Formal presentation or training delivery skills required
- Passion for Teaching
- Automotive industry experience preferred
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.