Senior Application Engineer / Technical Account Manager
- Job: 30552-TPEN
- Location: US-CA-Santa Clara
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
Are you passionate about cutting edge technology? Do you want to help leading technology companies innovate faster? In this technical sales role, you will impact these companies by driving the adoption of the MathWorks solutions for Technical Computing and Model-Based Design. As a trusted technical advisor, you will help them improve their product development flows.
Use your industry experience and technical expertise in audio, wireless communication, FPGA design, or hardware design to understand customer workflows and demonstrate how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also be able to grow your technical knowledge in other areas (AI to robotics) to support customers who develop an array of products including consumer electronics, semiconductors, robotics, wireless communication systems, and more.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA, and could require travel up to 25% of time, generally throughout North America.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their workflows, uncover their challenges, and show them how MathWorks solutions can help them solve these challenges.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs.
- Coordinate with other technical specialists to prove out solutions and support customer adoption.
- Cultivate customer success and develop customer champions who advocate for MathWorks solutions.
- Own the technical engagement strategy for target accounts.
- Collaborate with sales representatives, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer needs.
- Experience with MATLAB
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal development processes
- Experience with FPGA or ASIC design flows
- Audio or wireless application experience is a plus
- Technical sales experience is a plus
- Experience with Simulink is a plus
Salary range of $135,500 to $210,000 (inclusive of target commission for staff in eligible roles). In addition, MathWorks offers benefits and a quarterly bonus program. Individual compensation is determined by a candidate’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.