Model-Based Design Solutions Engineer (Senior)
Apply your knowledge in embedded software development and model-based design (MBD) to shape the future of Simulink. Work closely with product development teams and customers with cutting-edge use cases to drive product design in a direction that fulfills the evolving needs of our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Influence the direction of MathWorks' model-based design products by providing a user's perspective in our product development process
- Help customers with advanced use cases succeed in developing embedded software applications with MBD by resolving complex issues, including strategic technical engagements
- Be a part of a diverse community of MBD experts within MathWorks
Keys to your success will be:
- experience with embedded software development
- expertise with the Simulink family of products, including automatic code generation
- creative problem-solving of technical issues
- identifying emerging and systemic needs of our customers
In your first six months, you will:
- leverage internal MathWorks training to extend your knowledge of our products
- become integrated with targeted Simulink product development teams
- resolve advanced technical issues faced by customers applying our products
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Familiarity with the development process in automotive or aerospace industries is a plus
- Familiarity with coding standards (eg MISRA C), platforms (eg AUTOSAR), and/or certification requirements (eg DO-178) are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (effectively articulate ideas and provide feedback)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective collaborator in cross functional environment
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.