Web Accessibility QA Engineer
- Job: 30895-RKUL
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Advanced Support
Do you have an understanding of the different perspectives and needs of people using software products? Do you enjoy contributing to making software products more accessible?
If yes, we want to talk with you! You will contribute to our internal quality assurance program and help cross-functional development teams to improve the accessibility of their products through compliance with external accessibility requirements.
- Contribute to the growing quality assurance program at MathWorks and perform audits against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Identify problems and areas for process improvement, specifically in the context of web accessibility of MathWorks products
- Work closely with internal business units and relevant departments to assess compliance to accessibility standards and where necessary, provide support in remediating non-compliant areas
- Develop, update and maintain WCAG compliance processes and VPAT documentation based on industry and government best practices and standards
- Work with process owners and senior stakeholders to make practical recommendations to improve accessibility
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with software development processes
- Experience using screen readers (NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver) voice input technology (Dragon naturally speaking), color contrast checkers, other accessibility audit tools.
- Good understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation
- Strong teamwork skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles
- Familiarity with different VPAT reporting formats (WCAG, Section 508, EN 301 549)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.