Sr. Program Manager, Corporate Events
- Job: 30940-EBOA
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Marketing Communications
Seeking strategic lead to plan and execute MathWorks flagship global event program, leading cross-functional planning teams from the preplanning stages to post analysis/retrospective phases.
- Leverage program management expertise to plan and execute in-person, virtual and hybrid events throughout the life cycle of the event.
- Engage with key marketing and sales leaders throughout the organization to understand business objectives and incorporate and align those to event strategies and related activities.
- Lead event standardization efforts that support event, creating one flagship brand.
- Identify and assess vendor management resources, as needed.
- Define project milestones and deadlines and coordinate planning team(s) to ensure a consistent brand and successful event that meets organizational goals and expectations.
- Review roles and responsibilities with planning teams to ensure adequate project resourcing and address accordingly.
- Create and maintain clear and detailed project plans and ensure project milestones and goals are met and proactively identify and address any roadblocks.
- Manage cross-team dependencies and facilitate open communication.
- Throughout event, trouble shoot and quickly divert issues that arise; daily huddle with key internal participants to recap and prepare/redirect issues, as needed.
- Define and measure metrics to track the effectiveness and ROI of each event and apply key recommendations to future events to ensure continuous improvement and to raise the bar.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to translate business objectives and apply to event strategy
- Ability to see the big picture, identify key issues, and provide proactive and tactical strategies
- Proven program and project management skills and abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Very strong detail-oriented and organizational skills required with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining high quality standards.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships and influence
- Experience managing cross-functional programs
- Personal integrity, initiative, leadership qualities, and the ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence.
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Experience implementing event and project management systems
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.