MathWorks Announces Release 2014a of the MATLAB and Simulink Product Families
Natick, Mass. - (07 Mar 2014)
MathWorks today announced Release 2014a (R2014a) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families. R2014a includes new releases of MATLAB and Simulink, and updates and bug fixes to 81 other products.
MATLAB Product Family
- MATLAB: Raspberry Pi and webcam hardware support packages
- Optimization Toolbox: Mixed-integer linear programming (MILP) solver
- Statistics Toolbox: Repeated measures modelling for data with multiple measurements per subject
- Image Processing Toolbox: C-code generation for 25 functions with MATLAB Coder, and GPU acceleration for 5 functions
- Econometrics Toolbox: State-space models, self-calibrating Kalman filter with missing data, and performance enhancements for ARIMA/GARCH models
- Financial Instruments Toolbox: Dual curve construction, functions to compute credit exposure and exposure profile, and Black's model pricing of caps, floors, and swaptions
- SimBiology: Unified functions for model estimation and desktop enhancements for model exploration
- System Identification Toolbox: Recursive Least Squares Estimator and online model parameter estimation blocks
- MATLAB Production Server: Secure communication between client and server and dynamic request creation
Simulink Product Family
- Simulink: Data dictionary for defining and managing design data associated with models
- Simulink: Single-model workflow for algorithm partitioning and targeting of multicore processors and FPGAs
- Simulink: Built-in support for LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3, Arduino Due, and Samsung Galaxy Android devices
- Stateflow: Context-sensitive tab completion in Stateflow charts
- Simulink Real-Time: Instrument panels, high-resolution target display, FlexRay protocol support, and combined functionality of xPC Target and xPC Target Embedded Option
- SimMechanics: STEP file import and total constraint force calculation for joints
- Simulink Report Generator: Object Inspector and Informer for rich information display in Simulink web views
System Toolboxes for Design in MATLAB and Simulink
- Embedded Coder: Support for merging changes from AUTOSAR tools into Simulink models
- Embedded Coder: ARM Cortex-A optimized code generation using Ne10 Library
- HDL Coder: Enumeration data type support and clock-frequency-driven automatic pipelining
- HDL Verifier: FPGA-in-the-loop over JTAG for Altera hardware
R2014a is available immediately. More information is available at: http://www.mathworks.com/products/new_products/latest_features.html
To follow the conversation on what’s new in Release 2014a, follow @MATLAB on Twitter or like the MATLAB page on Facebook.
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design for multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on these product families to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development in automotive, aerospace, electronics, financial services, biotech-pharmaceutical, and other industries. MATLAB and Simulink are also fundamental teaching and research tools in the world's universities and learning institutions. Founded in 1984, MathWorks employs more than 3000 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. For additional information, visit mathworks.com.
MATLAB and Simulink are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc. See mathworks.com/trademarks for a list of additional trademarks. Other product or brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.