Parameters of the Riemann problem
Config1D() generates the default settings file RiemannParameters.txt in the current MATLAB folder. The function produces no output. RiemannParameters.txt is a ASCII file with values and names of the paremeters. You can edit this file to change the settings.
The first parameters are the physical parameters:
- Rho0 is the mass density ;
- E is the Young's modulus ;
- Beta is the first higher-order elastic constant ;
- Delta is the second higher-order elastic constant.
They are followed by the parameters of the Riemann problem:
- epsL is the strain in the left state ;
- vL is the particle velocity in the left state ;
- epsR is the strain in the right state ;
- vR is the particle velocity in the right state ;
- xdisc is the abscissa of the initial discontinuity.
Then, you can choose how to process the results:
- display (integer) is the number of the output graphics window. If it is equal to zero, then no graphics are generated ;
- if output (boolean) is true (equal to one), then the ASCII file RiemannResults.txt is generated in the current MATLAB folder.
Lastly, you can set the Newton-Raphson algorithm:
- DepsM is the maximum variation of the solution between the last iterations ;
- iNRmax is the maximum number of iterations.
RiemannParameters.txt successfully created in C:\Users\Documents
The default values in RiemannParameters.txt are:
2.600000e+03 % Rho0 (Kg/m^3) 1.000000e+10 % E (Pa) 1.000000e+02 % Beta 1.000000e+06 % Delta 1.800000e-04 % epsL 0.000000e+00 % vL (m/s) -1.800000e-04 % epsR 0.000000e+00 % vR (m/s) 0.000000e+00 % xdisc (m) 1 % display 0 % output 1.000000e-14 % DepsM 10 % iNRmax