Administer Network Licenses
Organizations that need to license multiple users for MATLAB® often use a network license, either a Network Named User license (which specifically names users who can use the software) or a Concurrent license (which provides a certain number of keys to use MATLAB). A Campus-wide license may be used at educational institutions.
Although organizations may have a mix of individual and network licenses, network licenses must be managed by a network license manager. The network license manager takes care of managing license resources. You can install and run the network license manager on a dedicated license server or on the cloud, depending on your MATLAB configuration. If you are installing on a license server, verify that your license server meets the MATLAB License Manager Requirements.
- Install License Manager on License Server
Install the network license manager on a license server.
- Install Products on Client Machines
Review MATLAB installation options for license administrators with a network license.
Virtual Machines and Cloud Deployment
- Configure License Manager for MATLAB on Cloud Platforms
When running MATLAB and other MathWorks® products on cloud platforms, you can configure the license server to run locally or on the cloud.
- Connect License Server with MATLAB on the Cloud
Configure the network license manager on your current license server for use with MATLAB running on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure.
- Install License Manager on Virtual Machine
Install the network license manager on a virtual machine for use with Amazon® Web Services (AWS) or Azure®.
- Run Network License Manager from Azure Marketplace
Deploy and run a network license manager in Azure from the Azure Marketplace.
- Run License Manager Using Azure
Automate the process of launching a network license manager for MATLAB, running on a Windows® virtual machine, using your Azure account.
- Run License Manager Using Amazon Web Services
Automate the process of launching a network license manager for MATLAB, running on a Linux® virtual machine, using your Amazon Web Services account.
Network License Manager Operations
- Start Network License Manager
Start the network license manager on the license server.
- Update Network License Manager Software
Download the executables for running the network license manager.
- Configure License Manager as Service
Configure license manager as a service to manage network licenses; remove license manager as a service.
- Monitor Network License Manager
Use FLEXlm® utilities to manage the network license manager.
- Uninstall Network License Manager
Remove the network license manager from the license server.
Manage Network Licenses
- Borrow Licenses
Set up and use the license borrowing capability in a Concurrent or Network Named User configuration.
- Update or Modify Network License Files
Learn how to read, use, and modify network licenses (for network license administrators or system administrators only).
User Licensing Administration
- Network Named User License Administration
Set up access to MathWorks products by user name.
- Concurrent License Administration
Control access to license keys for MathWorks products.
- License Requirements for MATLAB on Cloud Platforms
Determine whether your license lets you use MATLAB and other MathWorks products on the cloud and in containers.