Simplify software distribution and reduce the time and resources required to develop software by designing models from which you can generate reusable code. Use key Simulink® componentization techniques to partition a model into design components that you simulate, generate code for, and verify independently. The code generator produces reusable function code from referenced models, subsystems, and library subsystems.
- What Is Code Reuse?
Why you reuse code and associate code reuse and reentrancy.
- Choose a Componentization Technique for Code Reuse
Comparison of techniques for generating reusable code.
- Simulink Function Blocks and Code Generation
Generate reusable code from Simulink Function blocks.
- Generate Reusable Code from Library Subsystems Shared Across Models
Create reusable library subsystems to generate code for subsystems that models share.
- Determine Why Subsystem Code Is Not Reused
Determine why the code generator does not reuse subsystem code as you expect.
- Generate Reusable Code from Model Reference Hierarchy
Generate reusable subsystem code from a top model with Model blocks.
- Shared Constant Parameters for Code Reuse
Share generated code for constant parameters across models.
- Generate Reusable Code from Stateflow Atomic Subcharts
Generate reusable code for linked and unlinked atomic subcharts.
Reusable, Reentrant Code
- What Is Reentrant Code?
Why generate reentrant code.
- Generate Reentrant Code from Top Models
Generate reusable, reentrant code from top models.
- Generate Reentrant Code from Subsystems
Generate reusable, reentrant code from subsystems.
- Generate Reentrant Code from Simulink Function Blocks
Generate reusable, reentrant code from Simulink Function blocks that are scoped to a model.
- Code Definition and Mapping Limitations and Considerations
Restrictions, constraints, and considerations that apply to code definitions and code mappings.
Shared Utility Code
- Generate Shared Utility Code
Modularize and share common Model block functionality as helper functions.
- Generate Shared Utility Code for Fixed-Point Functions
Generate reusable code for fixed-point support functions.
- Generate Shared Utility Code for Custom Data Types
Generate reusable code for custom data types.