There are multiple reasons why a product may be missing from the Product Selection screen in the MATLAB installer:
- The product may not be available for your platform
- The product may not be available on your license for the current release of MATLAB due to a lapsed Software Maintenance Subscription
- You may be using the incorrect File Installation Key
- Incomplete download or missing/corrupt installation files.
1. The product may not be available for your platform.
Some toolboxes are only available for certain operating systems. For example, the Trading Toolbox is only available on Windows. When you run the MATLAB installer on a Mac or Linux system, you will not see the Trading Toolbox listed as an available product to install, even if it is available on your license. You can check which toolboxes are available for which operating systems at the following site:
The product may not be available on your license for the current release of MATLAB due to a lapsed Software Maintenance Subscription
Only products that are currently covered under a Software Maintenance Service subscription will be available to install for the latest release. The product in question will only be available for the latest release that you received while it was covered under the Software Maintenance Subscription service. If you or your organization allowed the subscription to lapse for this toolbox, it may not be available to install for any release after the end date of the subscription for this product.
You can view the subscription status for each toolbox by logging into your MathWorks account at MathWorks.com and visiting the License Center. Select the license in the License Center, and look at the 'Product Details' tab in order to see the subscription status of each product on the license.
You may be using the incorrect File Installation Key
If you are performing an offline installation, you may be using an incorrect File Installation Key (FIK). Each FIK is specific to the license that it was created for. It is a series of numbers that represent which products are allowed to be installed for this license. If your FIK is out of date, or if you are using a FIK from a different license, you will not be presented with the correct list of products to install on the product selection screen.
To access the correct FIK for your license, you will need to log into your MathWorks account and activate for this license, or retrieve it from an existing activation. Follow the directions at the following support article:
Where can I find the Activation Key or File Installation Key (FIK) for my license?
Incomplete download or missing/corrupt installation files.
If you are installing MATLAB R2014a or newer:
- If you have selected the 'Log into a MathWorks account' option in the installer, and products are missing, then this is most likely due to the problems described in point 1. and 2. in this article. When you choose the 'Log into a MathWorks account' option, the installer will download the necessary installation files during the installation process.
- If you have selected 'Install with a File Installation Key', you must be using a MATLAB DVD to perform the installation, or you must obtain the MATLAB installation files from the administrator of your license, who may have used the 'Download Only' option in the installer in order to download the full installation package on a system that has internet access.
If you are installing MATLAB R2013b or older:
- If you are sure that your File Installation Key is correct, you may not have all of the necessary installation zip files for the product in question. Make sure that you have not unzipped any of the 'common' or architecture specific zip files.