eProsima Shapes Demo can't receive messages from Simulink generated Data Writer
4 views (last 30 days)
I'm trying DDS Blockset Shapes Demo - MATLAB & Simulink (mathworks.com) together with eProsima Shapes Demo, and I discovered that the eProsima Shapes Demo can't receive messages from the Simulink generated DDS Data Writer. To reproduce this unexpectedness, try the following reproduction steps:
- open the DDS Blockset Shapes Demo - MATLAB & Simulink (mathworks.com) example.
- build the executable by sending Ctrl+B to shapesdemo.slx, and run the generated shapesdemo.exe
- open eProsima Shapes Demo and add one Square Publisher and one Circle Subscriber:
- see there's no Circle displayed on the eProsima Shapes Demo canvas, which is unexpected.
- to inspect the problem, add printing functions to DDS Data Reader & Data Writer in Simulink as shown in the attached ShapesDemoWithConsolePrinting.slx
- generate executable from ShapesDemoWithConsolePrinting.slx and run the corresponding ShapesDemoWithConsolePrinting.exe. See that the Simulink generated program can both receive and send the Square/Circle DDS message, despite the fact that eProsima Shapes Demo is not displaying what Simulink sends in step 4.
Is this unexpectedness a bug? How to work around the problem?