Before you can activate MATLAB on a computer that is not connected to the internet, you must obtain your Host ID and possibly your login name, depending on your license type.
To obtain your Host ID, follow the instructions in this article:
What is a Host ID? How do I find my Host ID in order to activate my license?
Login Name is required for Individual or Student licenses. To obtain your Login Name, follow the instructions in this article:
How do I find my computer username in order to activate my license?
After obtaining your Host ID and/or Login Name:
- Go to the License Center: <https://www.mathworks.com/mwaccount>
- Click the license number you wish to activate under "My Software." If you do not see your license number, click "View additional Licenses or Trials" in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the "Install and Activate" tab
- Click "Activate to Retrieve License File" or "Activate a Computer"
- Enter the release you are activating, as well as the operating system, the host ID, the Computer Login Name, and the Activation Label
- Download the license file
- Launch the MATLAB activation client and select "Activate manually without the internet."
- Browse to the license file
- Select finish
- Start MATLAB
You need to be a License Administrator to activate a network license. Please is the following article for more information:
How do I activate MATLAB?
However, instead of selecting "Activate automatically using the internet," select "Activate manually without the internet" and provide the path to the license file you downloaded earlier. This completes the activation process.