If you are still unable to authenticate even after entering your proxy credentials in MATLAB, the authentication process can be circumvented:
The below steps must be performed on a machine connected to a network that does not have the download restrictions but with the same MATLAB license installed as the target machine.
- Run the command "supportPackageInstaller" in MATLAB to launch the Add-On Explorer window
- Type the search keyword for the support package (e.g. VEX Support Package) and click on the search icon.
- Select the support package that you interested in from the list
- Click on the Install button and choose 'Download only' option from the menu
- Login to your MathWorks Account and follow the prompts to complete the download. Note the folder location where you downloaded the folder.
- Hit Finish to open the download folder.
- Copy the downloaded files (archives folder, .exe file and the readme.txt file) over to the target machine. You could transfer it over a local network or using an external memory storage device like a flash drive.
- On the target machine, double-click on the .exe file. This will launch the latest version of MATLAB on the the machine and display the prompt 'Installing Support Packages'
- Login to your MathWorks Account and follow the prompts to install the support package from the download files.
Note that an internet connection is still required on the target machine to login to your MathWorks Account but it is not required for the installation process itself since it installs from the locally downloaded installer files.