You may be able to use the Cygwin toolchain on Win 7. However, please note that it has not been tested at our end.
Please follow the below steps:
- With reference to this documentation, complete the steps from 1-10. Ignore the rest of the steps, as it is specific for Win10. You need not launch Hardware Setup Screens.
2. Copy the attached file ‘Win7registerCygwinToolchain.m’ to the folder >>fullfile(matlabshared.supportpkg.getSupportPackageRoot,'toolbox','target','supportpackages','px4','+px4')
3. Execute the below commands on MATLAB Command Prompt:
>>rehash toolboxcache; rehash path;
>>px4.Win7registerCygwinToolchain('C:\px4_cygwin\home', 'px4fmu-v5_default', 'C:\px4_cygwin')
- Argument 1 – PX4 Firmware source folder
- Argument 2 – CMAKE configuration. For example Pixhawk 4 uses 'px4fmu-v5_default’ cmake.
- Argument 3 – Cygwin Installation directory
The above steps should ideally set you up for using the support package on Win7. I would like to reiterate that it has not been tested on Win7.
The above workaround is for R2018b and R2019a only.