- Type prefsdir on the command line, then in Windows Explorer (or similar for your other operating system), go to that folder.
- Copy your shortcuts.xml file from your old MATLAB version "prefsdir" folder to the new "prefsdir" folder.
- Rename the existing, new shortcuts_2.xml to shortcuts_2_original.xml.
- Rename your shortcuts.xml shortcuts_2.xml.
- Restart MATLAB R2012b and all your old short cuts will be there.
How can i save my matlab shortcuts?
17 views (last 30 days)
Image Analyst on 22 Jul 2012
Edited: Image Analyst on 16 Sep 2012
R2012a and earlier instructions: Type prefdir on the command line. Go to the folder it gives. Then copy the file shortcuts.xml from the prefsdir of the source computer to the prefsdir folder of the target computer.
[EDIT - UPDATE FOR COPYING EARLIER SHORTCUTS TO VERSION R2012b]
Apparently the new shortcuts XML file MUST be called shortcuts_2.xml.
More Answers (1)
Daniel Shub on 23 Jul 2012
All my shortcuts are 1 (sometimes 2) lines which point at script m files. These m files reside in a single directory which is on my MATLAB path. I can then play around with copying the shortcut information from prefdir, or just recreate them as I go.