The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 compiler is not supported on the released version of MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a), but support can be added by installing a patch. To install the patch:
1. Download the patch attached to this Solution. The patch includes files needed to support these combinations of MATLAB and Visual C++ 2010:
• Visual C++ 2010 Professional and 64-bit MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a)
• Visual C++ 2010 Professional and 32-bit MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a)
• Visual C++ 2010 Express (Windows SDK 7.1 also required) and 64-bit MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a)
• Visual C++ 2010 Express and 32-bit MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a)
2. Launch MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a). If running on Windows Vista or Windows 7 run as administrator by right-clicking on the MATLAB shortcut and choosing "Run As Administrator". This permits modification of files in the MATLAB installation path.
3. Confirm that you are running MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a). You can check this using the About box available at Help->About MATLAB.
4. Unzip the contents of the patch into your MATLAB installation using the following command on the MATLAB command window:
unzip( path_to_zip_file, matlabroot);
This command will automatically unzipped the files in the correct folder and you do not have to worry about placing them in correct folder.
5. Set up MEX to use Visual C++ 2010 with the command:
Visual C++ 2010 should now be among the listed options.
Note that this patch will only work with MATLAB 7.10 (R2010a). Using this patch with any version of MATLAB is not supported.
Other MathWorks products such as Real-Time Workshop do not support Visual C++ 2010.