This bug has been fixed in Release 2006a (R2006a). For previous product releases, read below for any possible workarounds:
We have verified that there has been a change in the Solaris 10 system ANSI C compiler that causes this error. The critical part of the error message is:
"Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications and pre-2001 POSIX applications"
The Solaris 10 system ANSI C compiler (cc) is no longer tolerant of implicit support for ISO C99 standard features. The compiler now requires that you explicitly enable C99 features by using either the -xc99 flag or by some other means, such as an _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 macro, even if you do not use any of these features.
To fix this error use the following steps:
1. Rename the file, $MATLAB/bin/mexopts.sh to mexopts.sh.old
(Where the term $MATLAB represents the MATLAB installation directory.)
2. Download the attached file, mexopts.tar, to $MATLAB/bin
3. Extract the file mexopts.sh from mexopts.tar. In MATLAB you can use the UNTAR function to do this. Once you have extracted mexopts.sh you can delete mexopts.tar.
4. At the command prompt, execute:
5. Select the "system ANSI C compiler". This should now refer to the file you just downloaded.