This package implements a time-frequency phase synchrony assessment approach for multivariate non-stationary signals (such as multichannel EEG signals) represented in .
The package uses the following external toolboxes/scripts:
1. Time-Frequency Signal Analysis (TFSA) toolbox, available at:
2. Econometrics toolbox, available at: http://www.spatial-econometrics.com,
3. An implementation of EMD by Ivan Magrin-Chagnolleau, available at:
- In order to perform the EEG analysis part, please run MainScript.m
- In order to perform the simulation part, please run MainScript_simulated.m
Please note that the EEG datasets used in the reference paper were not provided here due to the copyright concerns of the owners.
 Amir Omidvarnia, Ghasem Azemi, Paul B. Colditz, Boualem Boashash, A time–frequency
based approach for generalized phase synchrony assessment in nonstationary multivariate signals,
Digital Signal Processing, Volume 23, Issue 3, May 2013, Pages 780-790,
(available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1051200413000109).
Amir Omidvarnia (2022). Time-frequency generalized phase synchrony for EEG signal analysis (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/45093-time-frequency-generalized-phase-synchrony-for-eeg-signal-analysis), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!